The Undergraduate Student Government (USG) and the Office of Undergraduate Education recognize that the academic experience is not limited to the classroom. To that end, the Office of Undergraduate Education is proud to offer Academic Enrichment Grants (AEGs) ranging from $100 to $1,200 to fund such learning experiences for individuals. Be aware that the median award offer is closer to $700, while grants of up to $1,200 will be more limited. Applicants not receiving the full amount requested can accept or decline any funding offer they may receive. USG administers the applications and new recipients are selected during application cycles in October, December, and March. Funds are available for students of all undergraduate majors and can be utilized for a variety of purposes, including, but limited to, research, creative work, and professional development.
What can be funded?
Some examples of fundable expenses are:
- materials and supplies: chemicals, animals, lab fees, other material project support, etc.
- travel: conference or special workshop fees, airfare or gas, hotel expenses.
- media and technology support: publicity support or presentations of creative work, equipment or online journal subscriptions
What Can't Be Funded?
Some examples of non-fundable expenses are:
- general OSU or study-abroad tuition
- non Columbus campus students
- projects occurring after student’s undergraduate graduation
- student organization expenses (AEGs are for individuals)
- compensation/rewards for research study participants
- expenses related to a job
- professional or graduate interview expenses
To apply, please click on the following link: Academic Enrichment Grant Application
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com